Preparation of premium Chinese white tea (Silver Needle and White Peony):
- Warm up the tea vessel with freshly boiled water.
- Quantity of tea leaves : about 1/2 tea spoon of the tea leaves per cup or 1 tea spoon per small tea pot. The strength of the tea could be adjusted to personal preference by adjusting the amount of the tea leaves put in, or the tea brewing time.
- Add freshly boiled water of about 90OC & dispose the liquid after about 10 seconds (tea rinsing)
- Add hot water of about 90OC again and allow to brew for 1-2 minutes before serving.
- Don't use lid on the teapot or cup (to reduce the chance of over steeping the tea).
- Repeat infusions: The tea leaves can be used for repeat infusions for up to 3-4 times by just adding hot water to the tea vessel, increase the brewing time for about 30 seconds with each extra infusion.
- Most of premium Chinese teas are hand handled. We always recommend rinsing the tea leaves for up to 10 seconds before brewing.
- Recommended tea vessel: a glass teapot of infuser. Premium white teas are made of tender and young tea leaves. They present a dynamic and elegant 'under water forest' when hot water is added. As transparent glass teapot allows this to be fully appreciated. Alternatively, a Zi Sha teapot is always ideal to bring the best out of the premium Chinese teas.
- Do not soak tea leaves. Use a small tea vessel wherever it is possible and server frequently. Fresh made and freshly served tea are the best.
White teas' storage:
- store in a cool, dry place that is absent from foreign odour.
To order our premium Chinese white tea, please go to: WHITE TEA .